David Marcus of Facebook and Calibra came into the media spotlight late in 2019, and quickly became a vital figure for the industry.
Libra is a global digital cryptocurrency created by the Facebook team and governed by Libra Association, independent, non-profit membership organization. The founding members of the association include Mastercard, PayPal, Visa, Booking Holdings, eBay, Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Vodafone, Coinbase, Xapo, and other well-known companies. Libra blockchain is using the Move programming language and the Byzantine Fault Tolerant (BFT) consensus. Each Libra unit will be provided with several currencies, bank deposits, and securities, which will form the Libra Reserve. This will provide low volatility. However, the token would not be tied with any fiat currency. Users will be able to send coins with Calibra wallet, as a single app or as a built-in extension in WhatsApp and Messenger.
- Bitcoin Price Reclaims $10K Reversing Weekend Losses, XTZ Soars 13%
- Crypto Exchange Tokenomica Now Offers OTC Crypto-to-Euro Trading
- Is Bloomberg Looking to Take Yang's Spot as the Crypto-Friendly Candidate?
- Peter Schiff ‘Concedes’ Bitcoin Profitable, But Won’t Succeed as Money
- China Tracks Victims of Coronavirus with WeChat and Alipay