Petro should form an investment priority for Venezuelans, the country’s president has said.
Nicolas Maduro News
Nicolas Maduro has been the president of Venezuela since 2013, was the minister of foreign affairs for Hugo Chavez’s government and vice president of Venezuela in 2012-2013. Maduro’s rule in Venezuela is often described as autocratic, corrupt and unprofessional. Maduro was a part of drug trafficking investigations, violations of human rights and a profiter of food shortages in Venezuela. These facts led to the implementation of sanctions on Maduro and the refusal to recognize the validity of the Venezuelan election in 2018. U.S. sanctions forced the establishment of Maduro’s Petro cryptocurrency. Maduro plans for the Petro to become a tool for accessing international financing in avoidance of U.S. sanctions. The Petro was launched in 2018 and was developed by united work of Venezuelan and Russian governments.
- Indian Government Panel Suggests Crypto Dealings Should Illegal, Local Sources Say
- Bitcoin Volatility More Than Triples on the Month Amid Falling Crypto Prices
- Bitmain Closes Israeli Blockchain Development Center Citing Crypto Market Conditions
- South Korea’s Second Largest Bank Begins Blockchain Record-Keeping to Reduce Human Error
- Australia: National Transport Insurance Partners on Blockchain for Food Safety Trial