Petro should form an investment priority for Venezuelans, the country’s president has said.
Nicolas Maduro News
Nicolas Maduro has been the president of Venezuela since 2013, was the minister of foreign affairs for Hugo Chavez’s government and vice president of Venezuela in 2012-2013. Maduro’s rule in Venezuela is often described as autocratic, corrupt and unprofessional. Maduro was a part of drug trafficking investigations, violations of human rights and a profiter of food shortages in Venezuela. These facts led to the implementation of sanctions on Maduro and the refusal to recognize the validity of the Venezuelan election in 2018. U.S. sanctions forced the establishment of Maduro’s Petro cryptocurrency. Maduro plans for the Petro to become a tool for accessing international financing in avoidance of U.S. sanctions. The Petro was launched in 2018 and was developed by united work of Venezuelan and Russian governments.
- Ripple to Invest Up to $50M in MoneyGram Following New Partnership
- Tezos Commons Exec Raises Concerns Over Suspicious Activity by Hard Fork Developers
- Japanese Gov’t Agency Reports 170% Increase in Consumer Inquiries About Crypto in 2018
- Polish Bank Verifies Documents With Ethereum Blockchain
- BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA: Price Analysis 17/06