San Francisco-based payment service Square shares dropped after Citron Research called its Bitcoin strategy “nonsense” in a tweet Monday afternoon.
Mobile Payments News
A mobile payment is a money transaction made with a mobile device and the system of mobile payments is a network processing operation of electronic commerce with the support of non-wired networks and the internet. Blockchain technology for mobile payments can bring about great progress, as transactions can be made much faster and the fees for them — including international ones — are lower. This can be explained by the fact that the blockchain is a unified system without the need of involving mediators. In addition, Bitcoin mobile payments don’t need to convert currencies twice, if operations are not being made with the US dollar. There are also some mobile Bitcoin-clients that allow making transactions simply by using a QR-code, without pin codes or signatures.
- Winklevoss Capital: Investors Are ‘Thoughtfully Dipping their Toes into Crypto,’ Not Taking the Plunge
- Spanish Car Manufacturer SEAT Joins Alastria Consortium to Develop Blockchain Products
- Founder of Ethereum and ConsenSys Joe Lubin Joins Board of Directors of Crypto Startup ErisX
- BitTorrent’s Tron-Based BTT Token Integration Will Launch by Summer
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 16