A subsidiary of Overstock.com has reached an agreement to help Liberia digitize government services.
Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells a wide range of goods. At its origins, it was a platform for selling the surplus of electronic goods or those which had been returned, but it then started to offer new products, which have attracted more of the public. The platform was founded in 1999 by Patrick Byrne, who is the current CEO of the company. The company is headquartered in the USA. In 2014, it became the first major retailer to start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment. By 2017, the company had launched the Medici Ventures department, specializing on blockchain and its technologies, while also entering into a partnership with an exchange platform so that they can allow their customers purchase items with over 40 other kinds of virtual currencies. Overstock donates 4% of its Bitcoin revenue to various foundations involved in advocating for the use of cryptocurrency.
- Bitcoin Market Dominance Climbs to Over 60% - Highest in Over 2 Years
- Mt. Gox Founder Knew of Security Risks Years Before Collapse, Lawsuit Claims
- Opera Releases iOS Version of Its ‘Blockchain-Ready’ Mobile Web Browser
- Circle and Coinbase's Centre Seeks to Form Consortium to Promote, Issue USDC
- Bitcoin Price Parabolic Advance Continues Past $12,000