Overstock founder Patrick Byrne has stated that blockchain technology is capable of making government “superefficient.”
Overstock.com is an online retailer that sells a wide range of goods. At its origins, it was a platform for selling the surplus of electronic goods or those which had been returned, but it then started to offer new products, which have attracted more of the public. The platform was founded in 1999 by Patrick Byrne, who is the current CEO of the company. The company is headquartered in the USA. In 2014, it became the first major retailer to start accepting Bitcoin as a form of payment. By 2017, the company had launched the Medici Ventures department, specializing on blockchain and its technologies, while also entering into a partnership with an exchange platform so that they can allow their customers purchase items with over 40 other kinds of virtual currencies. Overstock donates 4% of its Bitcoin revenue to various foundations involved in advocating for the use of cryptocurrency.
- Report: Bitmain IPO Document Reportedly Reveals $500 Million Q3 Losses
- Japan’s Number Two Bank by Assets Completes R3 Blockchain-Based Trade Finance Trial
- Tim Draper Predicts Crypto Will Rule, Only Criminals Will Use Cash in Five Years
- Owner of Indeed and Glassdoor Job Search Engines Invests In Privacy Coin Project Beam
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 18