Santander is eyeing blockchain for updating securities handling with the creation of a dedicated research team.
Banco Santander, S.A., which also goes by Santander Group, is the largest financial credit institution in Spain. Besides Spain, the bank has leading positions in the United Kingdom and in some Latin American countries. The main office of Santander Bank is headquartered in Madrid, Spain. In the United States, Santander conducts business as Santander Consumer Bank. In 2016, Santander published research on the advantages and disadvantages of digital currency technologies and, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that Santander launched blockchain-based application for providing international transactions. This event could be the first case of using blockchain technology in the banking system. The initial version of application was set to be launched in four countries and based on the Ripple blockchain.
- Crypto Analyst Brian Kelly: ‘No Shot’ for Bitcoin ETF in 2019
- Ethereum Team Lead: Constantinople Hard Fork to Activate in Late February
- Former Governor of French Central Bank Joins Board of Directors of Blockchain Firm Setl
- ICOs Raised $160 Million in First Half of January, Report Says
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 18