Major Spanish bank Santander is extending its Ripple-powered international payments system One Pay FX to Mexico in 2020.
Banco Santander, S.A., which also goes by Santander Group, is the largest financial credit institution in Spain. Besides Spain, the bank has leading positions in the United Kingdom and in some Latin American countries. The main office of Santander Bank is headquartered in Madrid, Spain. In the United States, Santander conducts business as Santander Consumer Bank. In 2016, Santander published research on the advantages and disadvantages of digital currency technologies and, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that Santander launched blockchain-based application for providing international transactions. This event could be the first case of using blockchain technology in the banking system. The initial version of application was set to be launched in four countries and based on the Ripple blockchain.
- Bitcoin Futures Did Not ‘Manipulate’ BTC Price — Stock-to-Flow Creator
- US Court Postpones Sentencing for OneCoin Crypto Scam Co-Founder
- SoFi Acquires Payment Processor Galileo in $1.2 Billion Deal
- Blockchain Traceability Overtakes Payments Among Major Corporations
- Cooking Mama Developer Denies Rumors It Mines Crypto