Major Spanish bank Banco Santander has issued what it claims is the first end-to-end blockchain bond.
Banco Santander, S.A., which also goes by Santander Group, is the largest financial credit institution in Spain. Besides Spain, the bank has leading positions in the United Kingdom and in some Latin American countries. The main office of Santander Bank is headquartered in Madrid, Spain. In the United States, Santander conducts business as Santander Consumer Bank. In 2016, Santander published research on the advantages and disadvantages of digital currency technologies and, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that Santander launched blockchain-based application for providing international transactions. This event could be the first case of using blockchain technology in the banking system. The initial version of application was set to be launched in four countries and based on the Ripple blockchain.
- Bitcoin Bulls in Danger as Price Drops $500 in Minutes Back Under $10K
- SEC Charges Token Sale Platform For Illegal $14M Securities Offering
- Two Arrested for ‘Old-Fashioned Shakedown’ of Cryptocurrency Startup
- Luxembourg Regulator Red-Flags Activities of BitPay Clone Website
- Price Analysis 18/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA