A São Paulo court has dismissed the appeal made by Banco Santander against crypto exchange Mercado Bitcoin.
Banco Santander, S.A., which also goes by Santander Group, is the largest financial credit institution in Spain. Besides Spain, the bank has leading positions in the United Kingdom and in some Latin American countries. The main office of Santander Bank is headquartered in Madrid, Spain. In the United States, Santander conducts business as Santander Consumer Bank. In 2016, Santander published research on the advantages and disadvantages of digital currency technologies and, in the beginning of 2018, it was announced that Santander launched blockchain-based application for providing international transactions. This event could be the first case of using blockchain technology in the banking system. The initial version of application was set to be launched in four countries and based on the Ripple blockchain.
- Tim Draper Urges Argentina’s President to Legalize Bitcoin to Improve Economy
- Vitalik Buterin: Crypto Must Leave Behind the Individualism of the Early Cypherpunks
- QuadrigaCX Would Never Have Lost Crypto Keys Had It Been in Bermuda, Says Premier
- Bitcoin Holds $4,000, British Pound Loses to USD as Brexit Anticipation Grows
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25