FirstRand Bank has said it will no longer serve exchanges after March 2020, while at least one of those affected says it already has alternative arrangements in...
South Africa News
South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, with large agricultural and tourism sectors. It also has a high poverty rate and is one of the top 10 countries for income inequality. The South African population is widely diverse and South African news indicates there are numerous racial, cultural and ethnic conflicts. Still, South Africa is considered, potentially, to be one of the most developed African countries in terms of their economy, infrastructure and investment strategies. South Africa haven’t provided any legal status or regulatory framework concerning cryptocurrencies until 2018, when the South African Revenue Service released a statement, saying cryptocurrency would be a taxable object. The South African Reserve Bank is working with blockchain-based solutions provider Bankymoon to test new cryptocurrency regulations.
- Bitcoin Drops to $7,000 as China Vows to ‘Dispose of’ Local Exchanges
- Harvard University Stages ‘Digital Currency Wars’ Crisis Simulation
- Tezos Partners With Singapore Gov’t Blockchain Platform for Training Program
- CFTC Chair on Crypto Regulation: We Don’t Want to Snuff out Innovation
- Blockchain Security Firm CertiK to Launch Beta for Smart Contracts-Focused Chain