A mob has burned down the house of Sphelele Mbatha, the manager of an alleged crypto Ponzi scheme, Bitcoin Wallets.
South Africa News
South Africa has the second largest economy in Africa, with large agricultural and tourism sectors. It also has a high poverty rate and is one of the top 10 countries for income inequality. The South African population is widely diverse and South African news indicates there are numerous racial, cultural and ethnic conflicts. Still, South Africa is considered, potentially, to be one of the most developed African countries in terms of their economy, infrastructure and investment strategies. South Africa haven’t provided any legal status or regulatory framework concerning cryptocurrencies until 2018, when the South African Revenue Service released a statement, saying cryptocurrency would be a taxable object. The South African Reserve Bank is working with blockchain-based solutions provider Bankymoon to test new cryptocurrency regulations.
- Bitcoin Dips Below $10,000 for the Second Time in July
- Report: Global Blockchain in Healthcare to Reach $1.7 billion by 2026
- US Senators Grill Facebook on Privacy, Trust Issues in Libra Hearing
- Libra Vs. US Congress: All There Is to Know Ahead of Hearings
- Price Analysis 15/07: BTC, ETH, XRP, LTC, BCH, EOS, BNB, BSV, TRX, XLM