As Venezuelan hospitals face widespread shortages, President Maduro is by airdropping Petro tokens to doctors.
Venezuela, officially the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, is a federal state in the north part of South America. The country has built its economy on oil, as Venezuela owns the largest oil reserves in the world. In terms of digital currencies, Venezuela was the first country to have issued its own cryptocoin. Its value directly depends on the national oil reserves. The cryptocoin, created in order to improve the country’s weak economy, was issued contrary to the parliament’s decision. The national Venezuelan cryptocurrency Petro, officially El Petro, has garnered about $735 million during the first day of the ICO launch. Despite the apparent success, the future of the Venezuelan cryptocurrency is unpredictable, as some countries, such as the USA, have already banned the use of Petro.
- Kraken Appoints SAFT Architect Marco Santori as Chief Legal Officer
- Ethereum Co-Founder: Finding Satoshi Is Like Finding a Malware Author
- Bitcoin Scam on YouTube Masquerades as Coinbase CEO AMA
- Celsius Lists Libra Challenger for 9.9% Potential Interest
- Q3 Crypto Ponzi Victims File Class Action Lawsuit Against Wells Fargo