The U.S. Treasury has sanctioned Moscow-based bank Evrofinance, claiming it was the main international bank that helped finance Venezuela’s controversial oil-ba...
Venezuela, officially the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, is a federal state in the north part of South America. The country has built its economy on oil, as Venezuela owns the largest oil reserves in the world. In terms of digital currencies, Venezuela was the first country to have issued its own cryptocoin. Its value directly depends on the national oil reserves. The cryptocoin, created in order to improve the country’s weak economy, was issued contrary to the parliament’s decision. The national Venezuelan cryptocurrency Petro, officially El Petro, has garnered about $735 million during the first day of the ICO launch. Despite the apparent success, the future of the Venezuelan cryptocurrency is unpredictable, as some countries, such as the USA, have already banned the use of Petro.
- Bitwise Tells US SEC That 95% of Volume on Unregulated Crypto Exchanges is Suspect
- Major Latin American E-Commerce Company Bans Cryptocurrency-Related Ads
- BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes Says Bitcoin Will Test $10,000 in 2019
- Crypto Markets Report Slight Gains While Gold Rises
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22