The mystery around embattled crypto exchange QuadrigaCX deepens, and Facebook acquires a blockchain startup.
Zcash is a cryptocurrency based on a decentralized Blockchain, aiming for making transactions more private than they are in the Bitcoin blockchain. ZEC (Zcash token) transactions, like Bitcoin’s, are published in a public Blockchain, but unlike Bitcoin Zcash allows users to selectively disclose private information.
Zcash provides two types of keys: a “view key” and a “spend key.” While the latter is used to spend funds, the former is used to allow some individuals to see private information about your transactions. View keys may be used for an audit or sharing information without disclosing it to the entire world.
Zcash also provides encrypted memo fields that offer an opportunity of delivering messages to the recipient of the transaction that only a view key holder can see. This can be used to deliver simple messages, or such things as payment code sand confidential or commercial information.
- Coinbase CEO: Defunct Exchange QuadrigaCX Likely Did Not Plan Exit Scam
- Luxembourg University Postdoc: Central Bank Digital Currencies Too Attractive to Ignore
- Principality of Andorra to Implement Blockchain Tech for Digitizing Academic Degrees
- Third-Top Exchange OKEx Lists Ripple and Bitcoin Cash on Customer-to-Customer Platform
- Crypto Hedge Fund Pantera Capital Seals $130 Million for Third Crypto Venture Fund