Uphold Launches Litecoin And iOS App
The financial service provider, Uphold, has launched its long-awaited iOS app and adding Litecoin to its list of supported currencies, precious metals, and cryptocurrencies.
The financial service provider, Uphold, has launched its long-awaited iOS app and adding Litecoin to its list of supported currencies, precious metals, and cryptocurrencies, bringing its total number to 29 currencies, 4 commodities and 3 cryptocurrencies.
Uphold iOS app
Uphold, the “cloud based financial service platform that enables anyone, anywhere to move, convert, hold and transact in any form of money or commodity instantly and securely”, announced on 28th April that it was launching its iOS to allow users to access a multitude of functionalities on the go.
Through the app, users will be able to:
- Send money to anyone, anywhere, in any supported currency, instantly and for free
- Convert funds between any of the supported currencies - including three cryptocurrencies and four precious metals
- Buy, sell, hold and send bitcoin
- Fund accounts via bitcoin
- Verify recent transactions
- Transfer value instantly between Money Cards, hold funds in any various currencies
- In-store bitcoin payments anywhere bitcoin is accepted by scanning a QR code
- Receive payments in bitcoin via an in app QR code
The Uphold iOS app can be downloaded here.
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer Internet currency that enables instant, near-zero cost payments to anyone in the world.
Litecoin is an open source, global payment network that is fully decentralized without any central authorities.
On May 4th, the company revealed that members can start buying, converting, holding and sending Litecoin through the Uphold platform.