CasperLabs and CV Labs today unveiled the program for The Blockchain Hub at Davos, Switzerland, taking place on Jan. 16 to 19, 2023. The Blockchain Hub Davos offers a multi-stakeholder venue to convene with global participants from a variety of industries, governments and professional bodies together with blockchain leaders.
The Blockchain Hub Davos intends to facilitate more action than discourse. This action will ensure a mandate for blockchain technology in rebuilding global trust. Around the world, distrust is tearing at the world’s socioeconomic fabric. From geopolitics to cryptocurrency, certain events have made way for increasingly fewer reasons to trust leaders and institutions. It is now incumbent upon leaders to reinstate trust and lead with determination, so that there is certainty and an environment where a fractured world can rebuild. Blockchain’s role is paramount and therefore, over the course of Blockchain Hub Davos, the following will be examined:
- Blockchain’s function in rebuilding trust, the way the world transacts and socioeconomic balances.
- Blockchain’s role in creating enhanced business and government efficiencies.
- Blockchain’s future in creating new ways to interact and building new universes.
While crypto is one of the first uses of blockchain technology, the tsunami of its broader applications are already transforming not just the world of finance but other industries and institutions, where data transparency and efficiencies are more important than ever. Blockchain Hub Davos presents the utility of blockchain technology over speculation. The daily focus from Jan. 16 to 19 and some highlight speakers s as follows:
- Jan. 16 from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm — hub opening to media and a reflection for the future leading blockchain player announcements, including:
- Casper Labs — the state of enterprise blockchain adoption in 2023.
- The CV VC Top 50 Report 2022, detailing the top entities in Crypto Valley.
- Fireside with Anthony Scaramucci of SkyBridge Capital.
- Jan. 17 — restoring trust in digital assets: policy, politics, standards and regulation, with Anthony Bassili of Coinbase, Yulia Parkhomenko from the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, Liechtenstein Prime Minister Daniel Risch and Nitin Gaur of State Street Digital.
- Jan. 18 — evolving businesses and governments with blockchain, with Shyam Nagarajan of IBM Blockchain, Pieternel Boogaard of Dutch Development Bank, Tobias Huber of Siemens, Brittany Kaiser of Gryphon Mining, Garif Yalak of Cisco and Jayesh Ranjan of Government of Telangana, India.
- Jan. 19 — futurist forum, with Andrea Abrams of Phygicode and Faith Tribe DAO, Mario Nawfal of NFT Tech, Esteban van Goor of Dmusic and Idan Zuckerman of Upland.
The Blockchain Davos hub site has the full program and allows aspiring in-person and virtual attendees to register.
The eighth edition of The CV VC Top 50 Report will show Crypto Valley as the epicenter of global blockchain endeavors and demonstrates Switzerland’s role in the evolution of the global regulatory framework environment. It features the top 50 entities that are building in Switzerland and will show that despite global macroeconomic challenges in 2022, the fundamentals of Crypto Valley’s strengths and its determined decentralized mindset have ensured that Crypto Valley continued to expand steadily in 2022. Crypto Valley is not just a place, but rather a mindset. A mindset driven by a determination to transform the way the world interacts and transacts by focusing on utility over speculation.
Casper Labs Report — The State of Enterprise Blockchain Adoption 2023 will share findings from a recent survey of 603 business decision-makers in three countries: the United States, the United Kingdom and China. This report details the sentiment around blockchain and its enterprise adoption. It demonstrates that while many are confident that they fully understand blockchain and that they can explain its value to their team, more than half of the respondents (54%) still see “blockchain” and “crypto” as interchangeable terms, which indicates that there are still hurdles to overcome. The report details when and how respondents would be more likely to adopt blockchain.
About CV Labs
CV Labs is the heartbeat of Crypto Valley, Switzerland’s blockchain hub. It helps global startups, corporates and investors leverage blockchain technology and transform their industries. As the international ecosystem-builder and incubation arm of CV VC, CV Labs is an intrinsic driver of the fourth industrial revolution. CV Labs drives CV VC’s international ecosystem, incubation program, events and summits, delivering advisory and reports, and providing coworking spaces.
CasperLabs is the enterprise blockchain software leader. CasperLabs built the first Layer-1 blockchain for the scale and operational needs of business, creating complete transparency for all business transactions. CasperLabs delivers applications and services that drive revenue and radical efficiency for companies and governments. The organization is on a mission to build the essential foundation for an entirely new era of customer value and business success.
+353 87 2651473