Bitcoin can now be spent to book housing at Airbnb via Fold app gift cards alongside other big-name retailers such as Amazon, Starbucks and Uber.
Airbnb is an online platform for posting, searching and short-term leasing or renting of private property worldwide. The service was launched by Brian Chesky (CEO), Joe Gebbia (CPO) and Nathan Blecharczyk (CTO) in 2008. The company is not an owner of any real estate itself, it just works as a mediator between lessors and lessees and receives a percentage service fee in conjunction with every booking. Airbnb’s Bitcoin involvement started in 2014, when the company showed its interest in using blockchain technologies for the realization of its services for the first time. Some news also points out what risks might await services such as Airbnb if blockchain technologies continue to develop. Also, in 2016, in a survey conducted by one of the founders, it was discovered that most users would like Airbnb to accept Bitcoin as a payment method.
- Digital Dollars, Bakkt CEO Scandal, & a Continuing Pandemic: Bad Crypto News of the Week
- Network of Fake Bitcoin QR Code Generators Stole $45,000 in March
- Ethereum-Based Social Video Network Integrates Zoom for Live Streaming
- Bitcoins on the Move — Is BTC Price Inversely Correlated to Mempool Size?
- Donald Trump Just ‘Advertised’ Bitcoin After Fed Creates $6 Trillion