Bitcoin can now be spent to book housing at Airbnb via Fold app gift cards alongside other big-name retailers such as Amazon, Starbucks and Uber.
Airbnb is an online platform for posting, searching and short-term leasing or renting of private property worldwide. The service was launched by Brian Chesky (CEO), Joe Gebbia (CPO) and Nathan Blecharczyk (CTO) in 2008. The company is not an owner of any real estate itself, it just works as a mediator between lessors and lessees and receives a percentage service fee in conjunction with every booking. Airbnb’s Bitcoin involvement started in 2014, when the company showed its interest in using blockchain technologies for the realization of its services for the first time. Some news also points out what risks might await services such as Airbnb if blockchain technologies continue to develop. Also, in 2016, in a survey conducted by one of the founders, it was discovered that most users would like Airbnb to accept Bitcoin as a payment method.
- China Digital Currency ‘Not Seeking Full Data Control’ — Central Bank
- CoinMarketCap Now Provides Crypto Investors With Data on Liquidity
- Alibaba Partners with Lolli to Allow US Shoppers Earn ‘Free Bitcoin’
- Volvo Adopts Oracle’s Blockchain for Its Supply Chain — Here’s Why
- Price Analysis 11/11: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, TRX