Koi Trading in partnership with IdentityMind have developed an AML compliance-as-a-service product supporting cryptocurrencies.
Anti-money laundering or AML is a set of regulations, instructions, laws and procedures, established to prevent the practice of generating illegal income and its legalization through specially designed actions. AML regulations oblige companies and financial institutions to vet their customers through due-diligence procedures and prove the legal source of a customer’s assets. Financial institutions must verify the origin of large sums of money, track suspicious activities and report large cash transactions. It’s also the responsibility of institutions to notify customers about AML practices and required procedures. AML is considered to be not only useful in stopping money laundering itself, but also in preventing illegal activities by discovering the source of this money, and helps to trace criminals through the tracking of financial flows. Still, AML is a strain on companies and may cause its development to slow down.
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin Stays Over $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Slight Losses
- Metamask Browser Extension Default Settings Broadcast ETH Addresses to Visited Websites
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22