New York-based blockchain analytics firm Chainalysis is set to provide crypto exchange Bitfinex with its Anti-Money Laundering compliance solution.
Anti-money laundering or AML is a set of regulations, instructions, laws and procedures, established to prevent the practice of generating illegal income and its legalization through specially designed actions. AML regulations oblige companies and financial institutions to vet their customers through due-diligence procedures and prove the legal source of a customer’s assets. Financial institutions must verify the origin of large sums of money, track suspicious activities and report large cash transactions. It’s also the responsibility of institutions to notify customers about AML practices and required procedures. AML is considered to be not only useful in stopping money laundering itself, but also in preventing illegal activities by discovering the source of this money, and helps to trace criminals through the tracking of financial flows. Still, AML is a strain on companies and may cause its development to slow down.
- Bitcoin Price Short-Term Indicators Hinting at $7.4K Weekend Bounce
- QuadrigaCX Victims Request Proof of Gerald Cotten’s Death By Exhuming Body
- VeChain Loses $6.6M in VET Tokens to Hacker in Attack on Buyback Wallet
- Bitcoin Whale ‘Defends’ $7.2K Price With 800 BTC to Win $0.01 in DOGE
- Price Analysis Dec 13: BTC, Cryptos Prepare for Possible ‘Santa Rally’