Blockchain-powered event betting platform Augur has launched support for MakerDAO’s DAI stablecoin as part of an unfolding wide-ranging upgrade to its platform....
Augur is a prediction market based on Ethereum which is forecasting results of different events basing on the wisdom of the crowd principle. Definition of Augurs main principle – wisdom of the crowd – is a principle that states that a large group aggregated answers are often superior to the answer given by any of the individuals in the group.
Augur in its core is very close to a tote. It allows user to make a specific question about the future event and to buy and sell positive or negative shares about the result of this event. Market creators will receive an Augur coin (REP) encouragement from the fees for buying shares. Shares are not frozen until the end of event, so people can speculate on opinions reselling those shares. After the end of event, users will report the outcome of event, meaning Augur blockchain will have a great source of information about it and may be used as a search engine in the future.
- Facebook to Unveil ‘Libra Association’ and Launch Testnet Next Week: Report
- Coinbase Custody Holds $1.3B in Assets Under Custody, Expects to Hit $2B ‘Soon’
- US Residents Will Lose Access to Many Altcoins on Binance Starting in September
- Top 5 Crypto Performers: NEO, LTC, BTC, ETH, XMR
- Hodler’s Digest, June 10–16: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week