Users of Ethereum-powered prediction market Augur are now betting on “assassination markets,” featuring Donald Trump and Warren Buffett.
Augur is a prediction market based on Ethereum which is forecasting results of different events basing on the wisdom of the crowd principle. Definition of Augurs main principle – wisdom of the crowd – is a principle that states that a large group aggregated answers are often superior to the answer given by any of the individuals in the group.
Augur in its core is very close to a tote. It allows user to make a specific question about the future event and to buy and sell positive or negative shares about the result of this event. Market creators will receive an Augur coin (REP) encouragement from the fees for buying shares. Shares are not frozen until the end of event, so people can speculate on opinions reselling those shares. After the end of event, users will report the outcome of event, meaning Augur blockchain will have a great source of information about it and may be used as a search engine in the future.
- First Week of December Ends with Flush of Green, Bitcoin Nears $3,700
- Chinese Central Bank Governor Defines STOs as ‘Illegal Financial Activity in China’
- IBM Partners with Abu Dhabi National Oil Company for Blockchain Supply Chain System
- South Korean Startup Presto to File Constitutional Appeal Against Local ICO Ban
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: BSV, XEM, TRX, BNB, BTC