The Bank of France Governor said that Facebook’s Libra must comply with anti-money laundering regulation and seek banking licenses if it offers banking services...
Banking is any kind of business activity conducted by a bank, such as accepting deposits and creating credits, and other financial services. Banking is an old industry which has been around since ancient times. Banks in their current form (or at least similar to it) first appeared in Italy, during the period of Renaissance. Since then, banking has undergone many centuries of evolution, developing new kinds of services and financial techniques. Thanks to the advances in computer hardware and software over the past decades, a lot of banking is now done online.
- Bitcoin Market Dominance Climbs to Over 60% - Highest in Over 2 Years
- Mt. Gox Founder Knew of Security Risks Years Before Collapse, Lawsuit Claims
- Opera Releases iOS Version of Its ‘Blockchain-Ready’ Mobile Web Browser
- Circle and Coinbase's Centre Seeks to Form Consortium to Promote, Issue USDC
- Bitcoin Price Parabolic Advance Continues Past $12,000