Central bank digital currencies would positively impact non-central bank crypto like Bitcoin, Grayscale Investment CEO Barry Silbert believes.
Barry Silbert News
Barry Silbert is the founder and CEO of Digital Currency Group, a venture capital firm that focuses on the cryptocurrency market and the blockchain technology industry. Barry Silbert started investing in Bitcoin startups in 2013 as a venture capitalist and provided funding for such companies as BitPay, Coinbase and Ripple. Barry is also the creator of Bitcoin Investment Trust, which is a private, open-ended trust, that enables investors to profit from the price jumps of Bitcoin without the having to worry about buying and storing Bitcoins. Prior to founding Digital Currency Group, Silbert established Secondmarket Holdings, Inc., and worked as its Chief Executive Officer. Barry is also famous for his publications about trading illiquid assets in such journals as The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Fortune and Forbes.
- Bitcoin Futures Did Not ‘Manipulate’ BTC Price — Stock-to-Flow Creator
- OTC Spreads Exceeded 10% Amid Bitcoin’s Violent March Crash
- US Court Postpones Sentencing for OneCoin Crypto Scam Co-Founder
- SoFi Acquires Payment Processor Galileo in $1.2 Billion Deal
- Blockchain Traceability Overtakes Payments Among Major Corporations