The three-year-old scheme faced skepticism about its popularity on launch, but Shift has not publicly stated the reason behind its decision.
Bitcoin Debit Card News
The idea of creating plastic cards pegged to Bitcoin has been developed from the start of the appearance of Bitcoin in 2008. In 2011-2012, the Bitcoin community started discussing the real possibility of issuing Bitcoin debit cards and their prospects. The attractiveness of this idea is obvious to investors, developers and users, as BTC debit cards could significantly facilitate the use of virtual currency in daily life and, consequently, popularize cryptocoins. By replenishing such cards with Bitcoin, it is possible to pay in shops which don’t accept Bitcoin, as it will be converted into fiat currency automatically. In 2015-2016, the number of projects related to virtual money debit cards began to grow, so currently a cryptocurrency holder can choose among over 25 companies.
- Facebook Registers New Fintech Firm in Switzerland
- Circle Releases Another Attestation Report on Stablecoin USDC’s USD Reserves
- Coinbase Earn Now Available to the Public in Over 100 Countries
- Russian Sberbank Demands Client Provide Data on Cryptocurrency Revenue
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 17