Coinbase’s Visa debit card expanded support for five more cryptocurrencies in ten new countries.
Bitcoin Debit Card News
The idea of creating plastic cards pegged to Bitcoin has been developed from the start of the appearance of Bitcoin in 2008. In 2011-2012, the Bitcoin community started discussing the real possibility of issuing Bitcoin debit cards and their prospects. The attractiveness of this idea is obvious to investors, developers and users, as BTC debit cards could significantly facilitate the use of virtual currency in daily life and, consequently, popularize cryptocoins. By replenishing such cards with Bitcoin, it is possible to pay in shops which don’t accept Bitcoin, as it will be converted into fiat currency automatically. In 2015-2016, the number of projects related to virtual money debit cards began to grow, so currently a cryptocurrency holder can choose among over 25 companies.
- After Hard Fork, Ethereum Takes Second in China's Blockchain Rankings
- JPMorgan’s Blockchain Network to Launch in Japan in Early 2020: Report
- Ugandan Police Hold Director of Alleged $2.7M Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- It’s All About $7,400 for Bitcoin Price as a Big Move Is Now Imminent
- Price Analysis 09/12: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, XTZ