MyEtherWallet tweets a warning that a “couple” of its DNS servers have been hacked, and users are being redirected to a phishing site.
Domain Name System (DNS) is a distributed computer system for obtaining a domain’s data. Generally, DNS works as a translator for readily memorized domain names to the numerical IP addresses of the host — i.e., PCs or other devices — needed for identifying and finding their location. DNS is an important part of the internet’s functioning, as it provides a global, distributed directory service. DNS was first used in 1985. A DNS-server works as an application for answering DNS requests via certain protocols. With the appearance of the technology of Bitcoin, DNS is about to change. New blockchain-based DNS offers more flexibility and varied opportunities, as the rules can be baked right into the code. Besides this, DNS on blockchain can reduce operating costs.
- Weiss Crypto Ratings Puts Bitcoin Aside EOS and XRP in Annual Outlook
- Hershey Chocolate Company Joins Blockchain Advertising Consortium
- Crypto Analytics Firm Messari Introduces New Exchange Index Following Fake Volume Reports
- Bitcoin Falls Under $4,000 as United States Oil Rises
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25