MyEtherWallet tweets a warning that a “couple” of its DNS servers have been hacked, and users are being redirected to a phishing site.
Domain Name System (DNS) is a distributed computer system for obtaining a domain’s data. Generally, DNS works as a translator for readily memorized domain names to the numerical IP addresses of the host — i.e., PCs or other devices — needed for identifying and finding their location. DNS is an important part of the internet’s functioning, as it provides a global, distributed directory service. DNS was first used in 1985. A DNS-server works as an application for answering DNS requests via certain protocols. With the appearance of the technology of Bitcoin, DNS is about to change. New blockchain-based DNS offers more flexibility and varied opportunities, as the rules can be baked right into the code. Besides this, DNS on blockchain can reduce operating costs.
- Facebook Registers New Fintech Firm in Switzerland
- Circle Releases Another Attestation Report on Stablecoin USDC’s USD Reserves
- Coinbase Earn Now Available to the Public in Over 100 Countries
- Russian Sberbank Demands Client Provide Data on Cryptocurrency Revenue
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, EOS, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 17