The U.S. Federal Reserve is considering the inclusion of the Bitcoin market collapse as one of the “salient risks” to be taken into account for its supervisory...
Federal Reserve News
The Federal Reserve. or The Federal Reserve System, is the central bank of the United States that was founded in 1913 by the U.S. Congress in order to establish central financial control. The Federal Reserve is responsible for a lot of functions, so some may become confused about its role and ask the question “what does the Federal Reserve do?” The main objectives of the Federal Reserve System were established along with its founding in 1913. They are: maximizing employment, stabilizing prices and moderating long-term interest rates. Those are achieved by open-market operations, placing the discount rate, and establishing reserve requirements for financial institutions. Decisions and prognoses of the Federal Reserve are crucial for world’s economy because most economic operations are dependent on the U.S. dollar, which falls under the Federal Reserve’s control.
- Fundstrat’s Tom Lee: Current Bitcoin Misery Index Never Been Reported in Bear Market
- Four Olympic Gold Medals Winner Tennis Player Serena Williams Invests in Coinbase
- Japanese Cryptocurrency Exchange Zaif to Resume Activity Seven Months After Hack
- Bitcoin Falls Under $5,300 Again as Top Altcoins See Losses
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: XTZ, BNB, BCH, ETH, XMR