Former U.S. Fed chair Janet Yellen, who featured in the well-known ‘Buy Bitcoin’ Senate committee hearing last year, remains highly critical of crypto.
Federal Reserve News
The Federal Reserve. or The Federal Reserve System, is the central bank of the United States that was founded in 1913 by the U.S. Congress in order to establish central financial control. The Federal Reserve is responsible for a lot of functions, so some may become confused about its role and ask the question “what does the Federal Reserve do?” The main objectives of the Federal Reserve System were established along with its founding in 1913. They are: maximizing employment, stabilizing prices and moderating long-term interest rates. Those are achieved by open-market operations, placing the discount rate, and establishing reserve requirements for financial institutions. Decisions and prognoses of the Federal Reserve are crucial for world’s economy because most economic operations are dependent on the U.S. dollar, which falls under the Federal Reserve’s control.
- Crypto Markets See Bullish Growth, Asian Stock Markets Rally Ahead of US-China Trade Talk
- Waste Management Firm Launches Blockchain Platform in UAE City
- Japan: E-Commerce Giant Rakuten’s New Payment App Appears to Support Crypto
- Top 5 Crypto Performers Overview: Dash, Neo, Binance Coin, EOS, Ethereum
- Hodler’s Digest, February 11–17: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week