The United States attorney's office for the Northern District of California has indicted two suspects for hacking crypto marketplace EtherDelta in December 2017...
A computer hacker is any skilled computer expert that uses their technical knowledge to overcome a problem. While "hacker" technically has a neutral connotation, the term was changed by popular culture, which defines a hacker as someone with technical knowledge who uses bugs or exploits to break into computer systems.
The recent outburst of interest in cryptocurrencies triggered some hackers to begin looking through different crypto exchange services. The latest news on hackers show that no one is protected from their interventions. There were already several cases of exchanges hacks. For example, in January 2018 cryptocurrency exchange service Coincheck was hacked and approximately 500 million NEM tokens were removed from exchange, amounting about $385 million stolen. Although Coincheck was capable to compensate all users with its own capital, there is no confidence that bigger incidents won’t take place.
- Bakkt Trades 18 BTC in First 7 Hours as Bitcoin Price Falls Below $10K
- IBM Says It’s Open to Working With Facebook on Libra Crypto
- Swiss Bitcoin Bank: UBS, Credit Suisse Interest ‘Clearly Picked Up’
- VanEck, SolidX Drop Bitcoin ETF Race, SEC Approval Until 2020 Unlikely
- Bitcoin Price: Bears Eye $7.7K to Capitalize on Lukewarm Bakkt Debut