The finance ministries of the Baltic states have expressed their support to the development of Blockchain or distributed ledger technologies.
The Republic of Latvia is a country in northeastern Europe located in the Baltic Region. Latvia has an area of 64,500 kilometers and a population of nearly two million people. Latvia has a very high human development index, stable economic growth and well-developed business conditions. The main industries in Latvia are food and wood products, textiles, pharmaceuticals and machine equipment development. The Latvian blockchain industry is one of the most promising in Europe. Developed communications and a high-level of education has made Latvia a good place for blockchain startups and communities. Some notable Latvian blockchain ICOs include HashRush, Forty Seven Bank, Globitex and Aeternum. Members of Latvian fintech and blockchain companies have established the Latvian Blockchain Association for promoting the technology in the country.
- Ripple: Only XRP Private Keys That Used Software From Before August 2015 Are Vulnerable
- Security Report Gives A or A- Rating to 16% of Major Crypto Exchanges, None Get A+
- Genesis Partners With Blockchain Security Firm to Provide Direct Custody Operations
- Blockchain Consortium R3 Launches Corda Network and Independent Governance Foundation
- Following Bankruptcy Filing, Mining Firm Giga Watt Reportedly Closes Day-to-Day Operations