The finance ministries of the Baltic states have expressed their support to the development of Blockchain or distributed ledger technologies.
The Republic of Latvia is a country in northeastern Europe located in the Baltic Region. Latvia has an area of 64,500 kilometers and a population of nearly two million people. Latvia has a very high human development index, stable economic growth and well-developed business conditions. The main industries in Latvia are food and wood products, textiles, pharmaceuticals and machine equipment development. The Latvian blockchain industry is one of the most promising in Europe. Developed communications and a high-level of education has made Latvia a good place for blockchain startups and communities. Some notable Latvian blockchain ICOs include HashRush, Forty Seven Bank, Globitex and Aeternum. Members of Latvian fintech and blockchain companies have established the Latvian Blockchain Association for promoting the technology in the country.
- Six Global Banks Sign up to Issue Stablecoins on IBM’s Now-Live Blockchain Network
- New Zealand: Hacked Exchange Cryptopia Expects to Resume Trading by End of March 2019
- Overstock CEO Praises tZERO Blockchain Platform in Q4 Earnings Report
- Bitcoin Cash Grows as Major Oil Futures Show Mixed Movements
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 18