Edward Snowden also brushed off claims that bitcoin is mainly used by criminals, arguing: “There are a hell of a lot more criminals that use the dollar.”
The National Security Agency is American intelligence agency and a branch of the Department of Defense. Despite the agency being an independent intelligence organ, the NSA’s meaning for the country is important, due to its success in signals intelligence and protecting electronic communication networks of public institutions. The NSA was founded in 1952 and currently is headquartered in Maryland. In terms of cryptocurrency, the NSA takes measures to prevent using Bitcoin and related technologies for supporting terrorism and cyberattacks, such as ransomware which frequently asks for ransom in Bitcoin due to the digital currency’s anonymity. So, currently, the agency is working on making cryptocurrency transactions less anonymous and secure for the users.
- Deloitte Approves Gemini Crypto Exchange in High-Level Security Evaluation
- Disgruntled Employee Stole Bitcoin from Japanese Project Vipstarcoin
- Has Quebec Missed the Ship for Attracting Cryptocurrency Miners?
- Bitcoin Price Slides to $8.5K as 200MA Resistance Keeps Bulls in Check
- Price Analysis Jan 22: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, BSV, LTC, EOS, BNB, XLM, ADA