The tool that exploits Microsoft vulnerabilities to enable widespread crypto extortion has let malware proliferate this year, says a new report.
The National Security Agency is American intelligence agency and a branch of the Department of Defense. Despite the agency being an independent intelligence organ, the NSA’s meaning for the country is important, due to its success in signals intelligence and protecting electronic communication networks of public institutions. The NSA was founded in 1952 and currently is headquartered in Maryland. In terms of cryptocurrency, the NSA takes measures to prevent using Bitcoin and related technologies for supporting terrorism and cyberattacks, such as ransomware which frequently asks for ransom in Bitcoin due to the digital currency’s anonymity. So, currently, the agency is working on making cryptocurrency transactions less anonymous and secure for the users.
- US Missoula County Considers Requiring Crypto Miners to Use Renewable Energy
- Two Exchanges Overtake Binance on CMC Rankings, But Research Suggests Volume Is Fake
- Texas: Crypto AriseBank CEO Pleads Guilty to Deceiving Investors in $4.2 Million Case
- Cryptocurrency Price Correlations in Bitcoin, Dollar Flipped in 2018, Binance Finds
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Binance Coin, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 20