Edward Snowden also brushed off claims that bitcoin is mainly used by criminals, arguing: “There are a hell of a lot more criminals that use the dollar.”
The National Security Agency is American intelligence agency and a branch of the Department of Defense. Despite the agency being an independent intelligence organ, the NSA’s meaning for the country is important, due to its success in signals intelligence and protecting electronic communication networks of public institutions. The NSA was founded in 1952 and currently is headquartered in Maryland. In terms of cryptocurrency, the NSA takes measures to prevent using Bitcoin and related technologies for supporting terrorism and cyberattacks, such as ransomware which frequently asks for ransom in Bitcoin due to the digital currency’s anonymity. So, currently, the agency is working on making cryptocurrency transactions less anonymous and secure for the users.
- CME Group to Launch Options on Bitcoin Futures in Q1 2020
- Upbit Exchange Delists Privacy Coins Due to Money Laundering Concerns
- Former Iced Tea-Turned-Blockchain Company Sells Beverage Subsidiary
- BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes Says Traders Could Lose Weekends, Lunch Breaks
- Price Analysis 20/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, ADA