The tool that exploits Microsoft vulnerabilities to enable widespread crypto extortion has let malware proliferate this year, says a new report.
The National Security Agency is American intelligence agency and a branch of the Department of Defense. Despite the agency being an independent intelligence organ, the NSA’s meaning for the country is important, due to its success in signals intelligence and protecting electronic communication networks of public institutions. The NSA was founded in 1952 and currently is headquartered in Maryland. In terms of cryptocurrency, the NSA takes measures to prevent using Bitcoin and related technologies for supporting terrorism and cyberattacks, such as ransomware which frequently asks for ransom in Bitcoin due to the digital currency’s anonymity. So, currently, the agency is working on making cryptocurrency transactions less anonymous and secure for the users.
- Crypto Analyst Brian Kelly: ‘No Shot’ for Bitcoin ETF in 2019
- Ethereum Team Lead: Constantinople Hard Fork to Activate in Late February
- Former Governor of French Central Bank Joins Board of Directors of Blockchain Firm Setl
- ICOs Raised $160 Million in First Half of January, Report Says
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 18