Overstock.com’s tZERO has been awarded a patent for a system that will reportedly help integrate crypto trading with legacy trading.
A patent is an exclusive right granted to an inventor in exchange for the disclosure of the invention, offered by a sovereign state or intergovernmental organization. A patent is a form of intellectual property and is granted only for some period of time. Patented technology is protected against it being duplicated for the commercial use of other entities other then its inventor. Being an important part of many businesses, technological and fintech patents are strongly protected. Still, there is room for further development. For example, blockchain patents can help with validating data about the invention and in proving the time of its establishment. Blockchain network for patents, alongside networks for storing other crucial data, such as health information or renting contracts, are an important field of study and are in the process of development.
- WWF Launches Blockchain Tool to Track Food Along Supply Chain
- Binance Freezes ‘Some’ Tokens Stolen From Cryptopia: CEO CZ
- Blockchain Tech Firm Blockstream Launches Beta Version of Satellite API for Data Broadcast
- US: Bill Exempting Non-Custodial Crypto Services From Certain Laws Reintroduced to Congress
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Tron, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 16