The U.S. Treasury has sanctioned Moscow-based bank Evrofinance, claiming it was the main international bank that helped finance Venezuela’s controversial oil-ba...
In 2017, president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, announced the development and issuing of an official Venezuelan cryptocoin — El Petro cryptocurrency — for Venezuelan citizens. According to the president, the Venezuelan digital currency Petro’s meaning for the country is a way to become more financially independent and to resolve all problems in the economy of the republic. El Petro cryptocurrency’s value is supposed to be dependent on Venezuelan reserves of oil, gold and diamonds. However, the technical aspects of issuing such virtual currency remain unknown. Most likely, the concept of the coin is still just in written form without any real implementation. In terms of Bitcoin and other altcoins, they have already become very popular in Venezuela, as its citizens use it to protect themselves against hyperinflation.
- Report: Samsung Planning New Blockchain Mainnet Featuring Samsung Coin
- Binance Singapore Launches But Offers Just One Trading Pair, Report
- Samsung Invests $2.9 Million Into Crypto Wallet Startup Ledger
- Almost All Top 100 Coins in Red, Bitcoin Holds Weekly Gains After Dipping Below $5,500
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis April 24