The Iranian national digital currency is still underway. Time for an overview on a controversial issue in a controversial country.
In 2017, president of Venezuela, Nicolas Maduro, announced the development and issuing of an official Venezuelan cryptocoin — El Petro cryptocurrency — for Venezuelan citizens. According to the president, the Venezuelan digital currency Petro’s meaning for the country is a way to become more financially independent and to resolve all problems in the economy of the republic. El Petro cryptocurrency’s value is supposed to be dependent on Venezuelan reserves of oil, gold and diamonds. However, the technical aspects of issuing such virtual currency remain unknown. Most likely, the concept of the coin is still just in written form without any real implementation. In terms of Bitcoin and other altcoins, they have already become very popular in Venezuela, as its citizens use it to protect themselves against hyperinflation.
- FBI Outline Key Features of Scam ICOs, Warns Investors to Be Vigilant
- India Targets Cryptocurrency Crime аs Part оf Cyber Security Offensive
- Report: Bitmain IPO Document Reportedly Reveals $500 Million Q3 Losses
- Japan’s Number Two Bank by Assets Completes R3 Blockchain-Based Trade Finance Trial
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, TRON, Stellar, Binance Coin, Bitcoin SV: Price Analysis, February 18