Cryptocurrency transaction reporting service Whale Alert points out that Tether minted 300 million USDT in a protocol swap, but no burn has taken place.
Tether is a cryptocurrency token that claims be backed by 1 dollar for each token issued. Tether may be explained as a hybrid between a cryptocurrency and fiat money, as its “tethered” to the value of fiat currencies. Tether usually uses a USDT currency, which is supposed to be worth exactly what USD is worth at the same period of time.
Tether can’t be an investment because the US dollar’s price is decreasing over time due to inflation, but neither it can be a speculative interest, because it most certainly would be around the same price for a long time.
Still, there are a few things about Tether that make it very suitable for crypto investors to use. Tether transactions mostly take a few minutes to complete, Tether charges no transaction fees for moving funds between Tether wallets, and it is a stable and fast resource to cash out and cash in when there is a difficult situation in the market.
- Report: OKEx Delisting Monero, Dash, Privacy-Cryptos Over FATF Demands
- Binance CEO: Bitcoin Futures Platform ‘SAFU’ After Attack False Alarm
- Central Banks to Meet With Libra Founders in Switzerland on Monday
- Report: Philippine Police Raid Alleged Cryptocurrency Scam, Arrest 277
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: ATOM, EOS, ETH, DASH, TRX