British decentralized communication startup New Vector has raised $8.5 million to promote an alternative messaging protocol.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging platform that was released in 2009 by WhatsApp Inc. The WhatsApp app allows text messaging, voice and video calls, and media and document exchange. WhatsApp is widening the functionality of applications and is currently working on WhatsApp Payments — a peer-to-peer feature that will allow users to send money through the WhatsApp platform. WhatsApp Messenger is one of the largest virtual community holders and, for some time, was the major platform in terms of their user base. Their large user base produced numerous groups of interest, including blockchain and Bitcoin WhatsApp groups. It is possible that WhatsApp blockchain implementation will be the first among the major messengers. The possibility for a censorship-resistant, immutable e-commerce platform has received positive feedback from the community and may become the next step in the development of the WhatsApp Messenger.
- Bitcoin Price Tightens as Traders Prepare for a Second Shot at $9.2K
- Venezuelan Team Working on Bitcoin Mesh Network Based on Offline Radios
- Six Major Central Banks to Collaborate on Digital Currency Research
- Wildcards Purports to Save Endangered Species With Technical First For Ethereum
- Huobi Debuts Crypto Brokerage as Its Institutional Arm Grows 400% Since Q3 2019