Facebook is now making a stablecoin for WhatsApp, reports suggest.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging platform that was released in 2009 by WhatsApp Inc. The WhatsApp app allows text messaging, voice and video calls, and media and document exchange. WhatsApp is widening the functionality of applications and is currently working on WhatsApp Payments — a peer-to-peer feature that will allow users to send money through the WhatsApp platform. WhatsApp Messenger is one of the largest virtual community holders and, for some time, was the major platform in terms of their user base. Their large user base produced numerous groups of interest, including blockchain and Bitcoin WhatsApp groups. It is possible that WhatsApp blockchain implementation will be the first among the major messengers. The possibility for a censorship-resistant, immutable e-commerce platform has received positive feedback from the community and may become the next step in the development of the WhatsApp Messenger.
- Japan: E-Commerce Giant Rakuten to Move Crypto Exchange to New Payments Subsidiary
- Major Central Bank Institution BIS: Bitcoin Must Depart From Proof-of-Work
- Total Market Cap Drops $5 Billion as All Major Coins Take Price Hit
- Ethereum On-Chain Transaction Volume Reached Record High in December 2018
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 21