According to the Times, five sources that claim to have been briefed with the project have confirmed Facebook’s progress on its crypto.
WhatsApp Messenger is a messaging platform that was released in 2009 by WhatsApp Inc. The WhatsApp app allows text messaging, voice and video calls, and media and document exchange. WhatsApp is widening the functionality of applications and is currently working on WhatsApp Payments — a peer-to-peer feature that will allow users to send money through the WhatsApp platform. WhatsApp Messenger is one of the largest virtual community holders and, for some time, was the major platform in terms of their user base. Their large user base produced numerous groups of interest, including blockchain and Bitcoin WhatsApp groups. It is possible that WhatsApp blockchain implementation will be the first among the major messengers. The possibility for a censorship-resistant, immutable e-commerce platform has received positive feedback from the community and may become the next step in the development of the WhatsApp Messenger.
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin Stays Over $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Slight Losses
- Metamask Browser Extension Default Settings Broadcast ETH Addresses to Visited Websites
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22