BitTorrent, a company known for its file transfer service, is testing its blockchain-based live streaming platform with an intended launch in Q1 2020.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer communication protocol for file sharing through the internet. The protocol was launched by BitTorrent, Inc., an American company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The BitTorrent client is written in the C++ language by the founder of the protocol, Bram Cohen. There are mobile BitTorrent apps available for iOS and Android. The BitTorrent network is very similar to Bitcoin, such as the decentralized sharing of information, protection of users through randomly generated symbol lines and the absence of one administrative organ. BitTorrent became prominent in the cryptocurrency industry after the launch of the BTT coin - a cryptographic token powered by the TRON platform. The BitTorrent (BTT) coin’s price spiked shortly after the launch and allowed the coin to gain massive media attention.
- Harbor Tokenizes $100 Million in Real Estate Funds on Ethereum Blockchain
- BIS Economist Proposes DLT-Based Financial Market Monitoring
- New Linux Malware Mines Crypto While Remaining Undetectable
- HTC Smartphone Adds Built-in Wallet for Bitcoin Cash
- Price Analysis 16/09: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, BSV, XMR, ADA