Tron-owned p2p software company BitTorrent announced that it will release the beta of its decentralized social media app BitTorrent Live in Q2 2019.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer communication protocol for file sharing through the internet. The protocol was launched by BitTorrent, Inc., an American company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The BitTorrent client is written in the C++ language by the founder of the protocol, Bram Cohen. There are mobile BitTorrent apps available for iOS and Android. The BitTorrent network is very similar to Bitcoin, such as the decentralized sharing of information, protection of users through randomly generated symbol lines and the absence of one administrative organ. BitTorrent became prominent in the cryptocurrency industry after the launch of the BTT coin - a cryptographic token powered by the TRON platform. The BitTorrent (BTT) coin’s price spiked shortly after the launch and allowed the coin to gain massive media attention.
- Bitfinex and Tether Obtain Stay of Demands From New York Supreme Court
- South Korean Gov’t Announces Second Study Group for Blockchain Regulations
- Copyright Registrations Do Not Recognize Craig Wright as Satoshi Nakamoto
- Bitcoin Falls Under $7,900 as US Stock Market Sees Minor Uptrend
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Litecoin, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, TRON: Price Analysis May 22