BitTorrent’s decentralized file sharing protocol BitTorrent File System officially launches its mainnet and rolls out 3,000 new nodes.
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer communication protocol for file sharing through the internet. The protocol was launched by BitTorrent, Inc., an American company headquartered in San Francisco, CA. The BitTorrent client is written in the C++ language by the founder of the protocol, Bram Cohen. There are mobile BitTorrent apps available for iOS and Android. The BitTorrent network is very similar to Bitcoin, such as the decentralized sharing of information, protection of users through randomly generated symbol lines and the absence of one administrative organ. BitTorrent became prominent in the cryptocurrency industry after the launch of the BTT coin - a cryptographic token powered by the TRON platform. The BitTorrent (BTT) coin’s price spiked shortly after the launch and allowed the coin to gain massive media attention.
- Can IEO Cryptos Recover After MATIC’s Mysterious 70% Plunge?
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Launches Latin American Fiat Gateway
- Cryptocurrency Exchange BitMEX Enables Native SegWit Support
- Cryptopia Liquidation: Refund Deadline ‘Not Practicable’ as Users Wait
- Why Bitcoin Price Is Headed to 7-Month Low If $7K Support Fails