Why are online travel booking services not accepting Bitcoin just yet?
Booking, or making a reservation, is a process of concluding an arrangement with a supplier about having a good or a service at particular time in the future. Booking is popular for hotels, restaurants, transportation and other industries. The most famous booking service supplier is website and application Booking.com. The booking process has a large amount of space for blockchain implementation. Blockchain-based booking systems may reduce the amount of involvement of third parties and make the process of making a reservation faster and cheaper. Blockchain hotel booking built on smart contracts is a great way of greatly complicating fraudulent activities both from the visitor and the form host. Blockchain booking platforms are already being worked on by several startups on various cryptocurrency platforms. The most media-covered of them is Concierge.io.
- Chilean Taxpayers Must Report Cryptocurrency Profits to Chilean IRS: Local Media
- Lack of ETNs Keeps Wall Street Away From Bitcoin, Says CBOE Analyst Ed Tilly
- Bitcoin Falls Towards $3,550 as Top Cryptos See Moderate to Major Losses
- Proposed License Requirements End Anonymous Crypto Selling and Buying in the Netherlands
- Hodler’s Digest, Jan. 14–20: Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUD of the Week