Why are online travel booking services not accepting Bitcoin just yet?
Booking, or making a reservation, is a process of concluding an arrangement with a supplier about having a good or a service at particular time in the future. Booking is popular for hotels, restaurants, transportation and other industries. The most famous booking service supplier is website and application Booking.com. The booking process has a large amount of space for blockchain implementation. Blockchain-based booking systems may reduce the amount of involvement of third parties and make the process of making a reservation faster and cheaper. Blockchain hotel booking built on smart contracts is a great way of greatly complicating fraudulent activities both from the visitor and the form host. Blockchain booking platforms are already being worked on by several startups on various cryptocurrency platforms. The most media-covered of them is Concierge.io.
- Bitcoin Network Now 8 Times More Powerful Than It Was at $20K Price
- Crypto and FB’s Libra Are Bridges to a Bitcoin World, Says Tim Draper
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple
- Hodler’s Digest, July 15–21: Libra Special! Top Stories, Price Movements, Quotes and FUDs of the Week
- Bitcoin Price Shuns Volatility as Analysts Warn of Potential Drop to $7,000