The CEO of online travel giant Booking Holdings said that blockchain-based currencies will gain more popularity, especially outside the U.S.
Booking, or making a reservation, is a process of concluding an arrangement with a supplier about having a good or a service at particular time in the future. Booking is popular for hotels, restaurants, transportation and other industries. The most famous booking service supplier is website and application Booking.com. The booking process has a large amount of space for blockchain implementation. Blockchain-based booking systems may reduce the amount of involvement of third parties and make the process of making a reservation faster and cheaper. Blockchain hotel booking built on smart contracts is a great way of greatly complicating fraudulent activities both from the visitor and the form host. Blockchain booking platforms are already being worked on by several startups on various cryptocurrency platforms. The most media-covered of them is Concierge.io.
- Bakkt Trades 18 BTC in First 7 Hours as Bitcoin Price Falls Below $10K
- IBM Says It’s Open to Working With Facebook on Libra Crypto
- Swiss Bitcoin Bank: UBS, Credit Suisse Interest ‘Clearly Picked Up’
- VanEck, SolidX Drop Bitcoin ETF Race, SEC Approval Until 2020 Unlikely
- Bitcoin Price: Bears Eye $7.7K to Capitalize on Lukewarm Bakkt Debut