Julian Assange and Edward Snowden are subject to renewed speculation of US criminal charges following increased CIA rhetoric.
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is a United States service that provides foreign intelligence by gathering national security information and analyzing it. CIA special agents are engaged in domestic and foreign spying, the funding of various political groups in foreign countries, investigations, audit and many other fields of work. As an organization actively engaged in information gathering, the CIA is highly interested in IT and blockchain technology. The interest of the CIA in crypto is can be seen in two ways: the use of cryptocurrency as money for funding a wide variety of projects — including terrorist organizations and drug sellers — and the usage of crypto as a way of making a secure exchange of information. The CIA’s crypto interest is contained to the possibilities of blockchain to build a network of highly trusted nodes and in the security of information both for CIA use and for the control over financial flows and product circulation.
- ‘We’re at Home in Crypto Winter’: Winklevoss Twins Launch Crypto Trading App
- Harvard Economist: Bitcoin’s Future Value More Likely to Be $100 Than $100K
- Samsung Dismisses Galaxy S10 Crypto Wallet Reports as ‘Rumor and Speculation’
- Bitcoin Dips Below $3,400 as Market Volatility Continues
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, EOS, Litecoin, TRON, Cardano: Price Analysis, Dec. 10