Bitcoin’s true share of the total market capitalization for all cryptocurrencies could be as high as above 90%, a new analysis claims.
The definition of a cryptocurrency is a digital currency built with cryptographic protocols that make transactions secure and difficult to fake. The most important feature of a cryptocurrency is that it is not controlled by any central authority: the decentralized nature of blockchain makes cryptocurrency theoretically immune to the old ways of government control and interference. Cryptocurrencies make it easier to conduct any transactions, for transfers are simplified through use of public and private keys for security and privacy purposes. These transfers can be done with minimal processing fees, allowing users to avoid the steep fees charged by traditional financial institutions.
However, the latest news on cryptocurrencies indicates that because cryptocurrencies are devoid of a central repository, a digital cryptocurrency balance can be wiped out by a computer crash, a hack, and other unexpected events.
- Cryptocurrencies Used to Buy Illicit Drugs, Says White House
- Casa Releases Node Monitor Service to Improve Bitcoin Network Health
- Cryptojacking Code Found in Eleven Open Libraries, Thousands Infected
- Bitcoin Price Struggling at $10K as Analysts Warn of 2018-Style Dump
- Price Analysis 21/08: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, BNB, EOS, BSV, XMR, XLM