A blockchain with a 5 GB block size has been verified by a California-based company following successful testing on a live network.
The definition of a cryptocurrency is a digital currency built with cryptographic protocols that make transactions secure and difficult to fake. The most important feature of a cryptocurrency is that it is not controlled by any central authority: the decentralized nature of blockchain makes cryptocurrency theoretically immune to the old ways of government control and interference. Cryptocurrencies make it easier to conduct any transactions, for transfers are simplified through use of public and private keys for security and privacy purposes. These transfers can be done with minimal processing fees, allowing users to avoid the steep fees charged by traditional financial institutions.
However, the latest news on cryptocurrencies indicates that because cryptocurrencies are devoid of a central repository, a digital cryptocurrency balance can be wiped out by a computer crash, a hack, and other unexpected events.
- SEC Claims Telegram Injunction Applies to ‘Any Person or Entity’
- BMW’s Blockchain Solution for Supply Chains to Roll Out in 2020
- Voatz Bug Bounty Kicked Off of HackerOne Platform
- Bitcoin Starts Strongest Quarter Q2 With Price Down Just 10% YTD
- Bitcoin & Stocks Rise as US Economy Grinds to a Halt — Furloughs Soar