The CEO of now-defunct GAW Miners has been sentenced to 21 months in prison and ordered to pay $9.2 million in restitution to investors.
GAW Miners News
GAW Miners, LLC is a company that specialized in manufacturing, supplying and selling special hardware for cryptocurrency mining. The company was founded by American entrepreneur Homero Joshua Garza in 2014 and was headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The company offered various kinds of mining equipment, such as the GAW Miners Fury — the script for which was based on the ASIC miner that can be used to mine script-based cryptocurrencies — and other accessories for mining. Besides that, the company offered GAW Miners Hashlet for digital cloud mining. GAW Miners sold products both online and through resellers. In 2015, the company was closed down due to the suspicion of being operated as a financial pyramid. In 2016, users of GAW Miners sued the company for fraudulant actions.
- Germany Unveils New Plan to Block Private ‘Parallel Currencies’: Libra
- 'Get Ready for Bitcoin $20K,’ Says BitMEX CEO as Fed Panic-Prints $53B
- Edward Snowden: US Gov’t Lawsuit to Block Book Is ‘Good for Bitcoin’
- Hedera Hashgraph — Deep Look Into 10,000 Transactions Per Second Claim
- Altcoins Continue Explosive Bull Run While Bitcoin Stalls at $10,200