The CEO of now-defunct GAW Miners has been sentenced to 21 months in prison and ordered to pay $9.2 million in restitution to investors.
GAW Miners News
GAW Miners, LLC is a company that specialized in manufacturing, supplying and selling special hardware for cryptocurrency mining. The company was founded by American entrepreneur Homero Joshua Garza in 2014 and was headquartered in Bloomfield, Connecticut. The company offered various kinds of mining equipment, such as the GAW Miners Fury — the script for which was based on the ASIC miner that can be used to mine script-based cryptocurrencies — and other accessories for mining. Besides that, the company offered GAW Miners Hashlet for digital cloud mining. GAW Miners sold products both online and through resellers. In 2015, the company was closed down due to the suspicion of being operated as a financial pyramid. In 2016, users of GAW Miners sued the company for fraudulant actions.
- Bitcoin Price Struggling to Break $7K — Here’s the Worst-Case Scenario
- CFTC Requests Default After Failing to Find $147M Bitcoin Ponzi Operator
- Crypto Custody Firm Lists XRP for Institutional Clients
- Brazilian Regulators Create DLT Platform for Screening Politicians
- Bitcoin Stays Below $7K as Tone Vays Predicts Price Breakout in April