The World Economic Forum has released a toolkit for policymakers regarding the creation of central bank digital currencies.
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- Facebook and Calibra’s David Marcus: The Problem of Global Unbanked Is “Unacceptable”
- BIS: No Evidence of Mass Transition From CBDC Research to Pilots and Experiments
- Greece Extradites Alleged Launderer of $4B in BTC Alexander Vinnik to France
- Facebook’s Libra Pushed World to Reconsider USD as Global Reserve Currency: WEF
- Amun Launched Short Bitcoin ETP on Leading Swiss Exchange SIX