The issue, which affected only a handful of users, now has a dedicated patch, while balances have been returned.
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- Binance Chain Launches, Firm Expects to Execute Mainnet Swap on April 23
- Overstock’s Blockchain Subsidiary Misses Target for $100 Million Capital Injection
- Official Chinese Currency Renminbi to Become Cryptocurrency, Expert Says
- US Presidential Candidate Andrew Yang Calls for Clear Crypto Regulations
- Bitcoin Hovers Over $5,250 as Top Cryptos See Growth