Wallet producer Ledger plans to integrate cryptocurrency swaps powered by cross-blockchain transfer protocol SWFT into its companion app Ledger Live.
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- Fidelity Investments Fully Rolls Out Crypto Custody Service, Exec Says
- Jamie Dimon About Libra: ‘A Neat Idea That Will Never Happen’
- Kik Messaging App Now Has New Owner, Will Continue Work on Kin Token
- Craig Wright: Either I’m Satoshi Nakamoto, or He Plagiarized Me
- Price Analysis 18/10: BTC, ETH, XRP, BCH, LTC, EOS, BNB, BSV, XLM, LEO