SEC chairman Jay Clayton declared that ICOs are effective, but also pointed out that “securities laws must be followed.”
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- ‘We’re at Home in Crypto Winter’: Winklevoss Twins Launch Crypto Trading App
- Harvard Economist: Bitcoin’s Future Value More Likely to Be $100 Than $100K
- Samsung Dismisses Galaxy S10 Crypto Wallet Reports as ‘Rumor and Speculation’
- Gibraltar Blockchain Exchange Insures Its Crypto Assets With Local Broker
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Stellar, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, EOS, Litecoin, TRON, Cardano: Price Analysis, Dec. 10