Ledger will provide its asset management system to Estonian cybersecurity-focused crypto exchange Rokkex.
A ledger has two different meanings regarding cryptocurrency and blockchain. The first is about distributed ledger technology (DLT) — the technology of storing information that has such features as collaborative use and synchronization of digital data via consensus algorithms, geographic distribution of equivalent shares of a distributed ledger all over the world and the absence of a central administration. It is frequently confused that DLT and blockchain are the same thing. While it’s true that every blockchain is a distributed ledger, not every distributed ledger is a blockchain. Besides that, ledger can also refer to Ledger, a company producing offline hardware Bitcoin wallets which can be connected to PC via USB port and provide a wide range of services related to cryptocurrency.
- Crypto Advocate Patrick Byrne Resigns as CEO of Overstock
- Bitcoin Price ‘Not at the Top’ of New Bull Cycle Yet, Data Shows
- Bitpoint Taiwan Sues Parent Exchange for Overbilling After July Hack
- Samsung-Backed Blockchain Startup Raises $7.5M from Shinhan Bank
- Swiss Private Bank Says 400 New Clients Demanding Crypto Products