Cointelegraph presents top 5 Altcoins with mascots.
NeuCoin (NEU) is a decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocoin that was derived from the Peercoin cryptocurrency created by Sunny King. NeuCoin was originally presented in 2014 as not just a coin, but as a unique, customer-friendly service that allows for actions such as micro-tipping, micro-subscriptions, p2p payments, remittances and online purchases. Just as in the case of Peercoin, when compared with Bitcoin technology, NeuCoin uses Proof of Stake confirmation as its consensus mechanism, rather than Bitcoin’s use of Proof of Work. This allows decreased operational costs for miners and avoids the centralization that can often grow out of miners’ competition for getting the reward. The exchange rate of this virtual currency is frequently shown as NEU to USD or NEU to BTC.
- Wyoming Introduces a Bill Aiming to Define Virtual Currencies as Money
- Total Value of Bitcoin Sent to Darknet Markets Increased by 70% in 2018: Report
- Taiwan Indicts Seven Allegedly Fraudulent Bitcoin Investment Managers
- Crypto Analyst Brian Kelly: ‘No Shot’ for Bitcoin ETF in 2019
- Bitcoin, Ripple, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, TRON, Bitcoin SV, Cardano: Price Analysis, Jan. 18