Cointelegraph presents top 5 Altcoins with mascots.
NeuCoin (NEU) is a decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocoin that was derived from the Peercoin cryptocurrency created by Sunny King. NeuCoin was originally presented in 2014 as not just a coin, but as a unique, customer-friendly service that allows for actions such as micro-tipping, micro-subscriptions, p2p payments, remittances and online purchases. Just as in the case of Peercoin, when compared with Bitcoin technology, NeuCoin uses Proof of Stake confirmation as its consensus mechanism, rather than Bitcoin’s use of Proof of Work. This allows decreased operational costs for miners and avoids the centralization that can often grow out of miners’ competition for getting the reward. The exchange rate of this virtual currency is frequently shown as NEU to USD or NEU to BTC.
- Central Banks to Meet With Libra Founders in Switzerland on Monday
- Report: Philippine Police Raid Alleged Cryptocurrency Scam, Arrest 277
- Germany’s Largest Bank Joins JPMorgan’s Blockchain Network
- Crypto News From the German-Speaking World: Sept. 9–15 in Review
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: ATOM, EOS, ETH, DASH, TRX