Cointelegraph presents top 5 Altcoins with mascots.
NeuCoin (NEU) is a decentralized, peer-to-peer cryptocoin that was derived from the Peercoin cryptocurrency created by Sunny King. NeuCoin was originally presented in 2014 as not just a coin, but as a unique, customer-friendly service that allows for actions such as micro-tipping, micro-subscriptions, p2p payments, remittances and online purchases. Just as in the case of Peercoin, when compared with Bitcoin technology, NeuCoin uses Proof of Stake confirmation as its consensus mechanism, rather than Bitcoin’s use of Proof of Work. This allows decreased operational costs for miners and avoids the centralization that can often grow out of miners’ competition for getting the reward. The exchange rate of this virtual currency is frequently shown as NEU to USD or NEU to BTC.
- Gold Is ‘Toilet Paper’ for the Rich, Bitcoin for the Poor — Max Keiser
- SEC Postpones Decision on Overstock-Affiliated Security Token Exchange
- FATF Report: US Is Not Focusing Enough on Crypto Financial Risk
- Pandemic Is Changing Bitcoin Usage in ‘Unexpected Ways,’ Says Chainalysis
- Top Ripple Dev Publishes Method to Increase Privacy Using ‘Blinded Tags’