Venezuelan project Locha Mesh is developing devices to ensure crisis-struck regions are able to use crypto amid internet and electricity shortages.
The definition of blockchain technology is a shared, digitized ledger that cannot be changed once a transaction has been recorded and verified. Bitcoin and blockchain technology’s success has triggered the establishment of more than 1,500 new cryptocurrencies, leading to the delusion that the only application of blockchain technology is the creation of cryptocurrency. However, blockchain technology companies can support such products as transactions that require personal identification, voting, peer review, supply chain management and many other fields. Cryptocurrency technology is implemented for additional privacy, security and the speed of transactions. Blockchain technology companies use various forms of crypto technology to perform different tasks and fit different requirements in power consumption, scalability and mining algorithms.
- UK High Court Orders Freeze on $1M of Bitcoin in Ransomware Case
- Draft of India’s National DLT Strategy Calls for State-Run Digital Rupee
- BTC Price Back at $9,000 But No, Coronavirus Isn't 'Good for Bitcoin'
- Oil Giant Saudi Aramco Buys Into Blockchain Trading Platform Vakt
- Cardano Breaks 6-Month Slump, Signaling Potential Altcoin Revival