A Dubai-based Canadian expat has been arrested for peddling an allegedly fraudulent “Sharia-compliant” cryptocurrency and a host of other get-rich-quick schemes...
The UAE, or the United Arab Emirates, is a federal state composed of seven states located in the Near East. The UAE has a strong economy and currently is thirteenth in the world by GDP due to its oil production. In terms of Bitcoin, the UAE government created a legal framework in 2016 that has become the foundation for future cryptocurrency regulation. Despite these regulations prohibiting payment services from providing transactions in Bitcoin, the new law, in accordance with the Central Bank, can be interpreted differently, depending on certain situations. However, the country is a great platform for innovation. The UAE has recently accepted the UAE Blockchain Strategy in order to become one of the most advanced countries in the blockchain technology sphere.
- Grayscale Files Form to Become First Bitcoin Fund to Report to SEC
- Canada’s Largest Bank Refutes Rumors About It Launching Crypto Exchange
- Lamborghini Now Uses Salesforce Blockchain to Certify Heritage Cars
- FEMA Suggests Blockchain-Based Registry to Improve Disaster Insurance Payouts
- Willy Woo: $8K Bearish Bitcoin Price in ‘Unique Setup’ Before Halving