Following a warning from the national watchdog earlier this month, regional authorities across the U.K. say Bitcoin scammers are using the coronavirus crisis to...
United Kingdom News
There are no strict regulations on Bitcoin in UK. Bitcoin has no established legal status but is commonly treated as a foreign currency for most purposes, including value-added and goods-and-service taxes. Cryptocurrencies profits and losses are subject to capital gains tax. However, the UK government is planning on implementing some legal procedures in the cryptocurrency market. Their primary goal is to require UK Bitcoin exchanges to conduct due diligence in relation to customers and include cryptocurrency platforms in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing policies. The UK has issued a warning about the risks of investing in ICOs and cryptocurrencies, though it has yet to establish any direct rules concerning it. Still, it was stated multiple times that the United Kingdom is working on cryptocurrency regulations and has no intentions to leave it in a legal gray area.
- Digital Dollars, Bakkt CEO Scandal, & a Continuing Pandemic: Bad Crypto News of the Week
- Network of Fake Bitcoin QR Code Generators Stole $45,000 in March
- Ethereum-Based Social Video Network Integrates Zoom for Live Streaming
- Bitcoins on the Move — Is BTC Price Inversely Correlated to Mempool Size?
- Donald Trump Just ‘Advertised’ Bitcoin After Fed Creates $6 Trillion