Fiat-crypto exchange Binance Jersey has listed a proprietary GBP-backed stablecoin, dubbed Binance GBP Stablecoin (BGBP).
United Kingdom News
There are no strict regulations on Bitcoin in UK. Bitcoin has no established legal status but is commonly treated as a foreign currency for most purposes, including value-added and goods-and-service taxes. Cryptocurrencies profits and losses are subject to capital gains tax. However, the UK government is planning on implementing some legal procedures in the cryptocurrency market. Their primary goal is to require UK Bitcoin exchanges to conduct due diligence in relation to customers and include cryptocurrency platforms in anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing policies. The UK has issued a warning about the risks of investing in ICOs and cryptocurrencies, though it has yet to establish any direct rules concerning it. Still, it was stated multiple times that the United Kingdom is working on cryptocurrency regulations and has no intentions to leave it in a legal gray area.
- Bank of America Files Patent for Settlement System Citing Ripple
- Number of Crypto Notables on Buffett Lunch Guest List Grows
- European Central Bank Exec: Libra Won’t Launch Until Regulators Are Satisfied
- Iran Has Not Issued Any Licenses for Importing Crypto Mining Equipment
- Top-5 Crypto Performers: BSV, XTZ, TRX, LTC, ATOM, OKB*