Chinese search engine giant Baidu has launched its Baidu Blockchain Engine, an operating system designed to facilitate DApp development.
Baidu is Chinese company that specializes in web services. The main service of Baidu is their search engine, which bears the same name and is currently the leader among Chinese search engines. The Baidu search engine covers about 1.5 percent of all markets of search engines’ services. The company was founded by Robin Li, who is the chairman and CEO, and Eric Xu and is headquartered in Beijing, China. Currently, Baidu has over two billion active users worldwide. Baidu’s advertising system is quite similar to that of Google Adwords or Adsense, although it has its own special features. In 2013, it was announced that Baidu began cooperation with Bitcoin. However, Chinese authorities prohibited any means of using cryptocurrency within Chinese territory. Nevertheless, this mandate didn’t stop Baidu from investing in prospective international projects related to the crypto sphere.
- Canadian Banks Wary of QuadrigaCX Assets’ Origins, Cite Money Laundering Concerns
- Bitcoin Hovers Under $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Mixed Movements
- Report: Russian State Duma to Review Crypto Regulation, Oil-Backed Crypto in Development
- Derivatives Giant Fidelity Investments Receives and Passes on the Lightning Torch
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, EOS, Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Stellar, Tron, Binance Coin, Cardano: Price Analysis, Feb. 22