A Baidu senior engineer has been jailed for three years for mining $14,000 worth of Monero on company servers.
Baidu is Chinese company that specializes in web services. The main service of Baidu is their search engine, which bears the same name and is currently the leader among Chinese search engines. The Baidu search engine covers about 1.5 percent of all markets of search engines’ services. The company was founded by Robin Li, who is the chairman and CEO, and Eric Xu and is headquartered in Beijing, China. Currently, Baidu has over two billion active users worldwide. Baidu’s advertising system is quite similar to that of Google Adwords or Adsense, although it has its own special features. In 2013, it was announced that Baidu began cooperation with Bitcoin. However, Chinese authorities prohibited any means of using cryptocurrency within Chinese territory. Nevertheless, this mandate didn’t stop Baidu from investing in prospective international projects related to the crypto sphere.
- SEC Claims Telegram Injunction Applies to ‘Any Person or Entity’
- BMW’s Blockchain Solution for Supply Chains to Roll Out in 2020
- Voatz Bug Bounty Kicked Off of HackerOne Platform
- Bitcoin Starts Strongest Quarter Q2 With Price Down Just 10% YTD
- Bitcoin & Stocks Rise as US Economy Grinds to a Halt — Furloughs Soar