Chinese search engine giant Baidu has launched its Baidu Blockchain Engine, an operating system designed to facilitate DApp development.
Baidu is Chinese company that specializes in web services. The main service of Baidu is their search engine, which bears the same name and is currently the leader among Chinese search engines. The Baidu search engine covers about 1.5 percent of all markets of search engines’ services. The company was founded by Robin Li, who is the chairman and CEO, and Eric Xu and is headquartered in Beijing, China. Currently, Baidu has over two billion active users worldwide. Baidu’s advertising system is quite similar to that of Google Adwords or Adsense, although it has its own special features. In 2013, it was announced that Baidu began cooperation with Bitcoin. However, Chinese authorities prohibited any means of using cryptocurrency within Chinese territory. Nevertheless, this mandate didn’t stop Baidu from investing in prospective international projects related to the crypto sphere.
- Crypto Exchange Coinbene Announces Ongoing Maintenance While Customers Suspect Hack
- Report: Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior Owner Develops DLT Project With ConsenSys and Azure
- Over 130-Year-Old Liquor Company William Grant & Sons to Track Whiskey on Blockchain
- Bank of America CTO Catherine Bessant: I’m Privately Bearish on Blockchain
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Cardano, Tron: Price Analysis, March 25