The Chinese e-commerce giant JD.com has reportedly applied for over 200 patents.
Baidu is Chinese company that specializes in web services. The main service of Baidu is their search engine, which bears the same name and is currently the leader among Chinese search engines. The Baidu search engine covers about 1.5 percent of all markets of search engines’ services. The company was founded by Robin Li, who is the chairman and CEO, and Eric Xu and is headquartered in Beijing, China. Currently, Baidu has over two billion active users worldwide. Baidu’s advertising system is quite similar to that of Google Adwords or Adsense, although it has its own special features. In 2013, it was announced that Baidu began cooperation with Bitcoin. However, Chinese authorities prohibited any means of using cryptocurrency within Chinese territory. Nevertheless, this mandate didn’t stop Baidu from investing in prospective international projects related to the crypto sphere.
- Facebook and Calibra’s David Marcus: The Problem of Global Unbanked Is “Unacceptable”
- BIS: No Evidence of Mass Transition From CBDC Research to Pilots and Experiments
- Greece Extradites Alleged Launderer of $4B in BTC Alexander Vinnik to France
- Facebook’s Libra Pushed World to Reconsider USD as Global Reserve Currency: WEF
- Amun Launched Short Bitcoin ETP on Leading Swiss Exchange SIX