Cryptocurrencies are making micronations possible, but questions remain as to just how far small states will lean on crypto technology.
Bitnation is an organization positioning itself as the first in the world digital state that is working to become a Decentralized Borderless Voluntary Nation (DBVN) based on Ethereum blockchain technology. This operating system is made for public governance and offers everyone interested the opportunity to become a Bitnational — or, a world citizen. Currently, there are over 1000 members of Bitnation from various countries. The organization was launched by Susanne Tarkowski Tempelholf in 2014. Also in 2014, in the context of the project, the first Bitnation blockchain-marriage was registered. In 2015, Estonia announced its partnership with the project in order to transfer all of its notarial system onto blockchain technology.
- CFTC Commissioner Brian Quintenz Suggests Creation of Crypto Self-Regulatory Organization
- Bitmain Announces Energy-Efficient ASIC Chip for Mining Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
- China: Guangdong Province to Use Blockchain-Based Electronic Tax Invoices for E-Commerce
- Cryptocurrencies May ‘Upend the Digital World,’ Says Institutional Investor Consultancy
- Report: Coinbase-Supported Bitcoin Debit Card to Shut Operations in April