Chinese payment giants Alipay and WeChat Pay reportedly requested Huobi to remove their services from its OTC trading desk.
Alipay is one of the largest global payment systems that belongs to the Alibaba Group. Alipay was founded in 2004. The payment system is used not only for processing payment for Alibaba Group goods, but over 460,000 other companies use Alipay as well. In 2015, the company announced the initial public offering of Alipay stocks, which will be available only for Chinese citizens. In 2017, the company announced the launching of Alipay in the U.S. In 2018, Alipay started to conduct experiments using blockchain technologies to provide payment processing. The first experimental blockchain-based payment was processed between Hong Kong and the Philippines. The transaction took just three seconds, so the company is currently planning to use the technology on a global scale.
- Bank for International Settlements Exec Advises Against Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Accepted: MakerDAO Vote to Raise DAI Stablecoin Stability Fee by 4% to 7.5% per Year
- Bitcoin Stays Over $4,000 as Top Cryptos See Slight Losses
- Metamask Browser Extension Default Settings Broadcast ETH Addresses to Visited Websites
- Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Litecoin, EOS, Bitcoin Cash, Binance Coin, Stellar, Tron, Cardano: Price Analysis, March 22