China’s anti-crypto onslaught continues, as a prohibition against commercial venues from hosting crypto-related events has been extended to Guangzhou Developmen...
Alipay is one of the largest global payment systems that belongs to the Alibaba Group. Alipay was founded in 2004. The payment system is used not only for processing payment for Alibaba Group goods, but over 460,000 other companies use Alipay as well. In 2015, the company announced the initial public offering of Alipay stocks, which will be available only for Chinese citizens. In 2017, the company announced the launching of Alipay in the U.S. In 2018, Alipay started to conduct experiments using blockchain technologies to provide payment processing. The first experimental blockchain-based payment was processed between Hong Kong and the Philippines. The transaction took just three seconds, so the company is currently planning to use the technology on a global scale.
- Top 10 Messenger App Telegram Plans Blockchain Platform Launch in March: Sources
- Ripple and Major Beijing University Launch Blockchain Research Scholarship
- Crypto Could Take 10+ Years to Regain 2017 High, But Then Will Be Mature: Cardano Founder
- Smart Contracts Don’t Necessarily Disrupt Traditional Contract Law, Expert Argues
- Bitcoin Approaches $3,600 Again as Top Cryptocurrencies See Gains