Measure Protocol, a blockchain-based data marketplace, has partnered with the Broccoli app to create a cannabis research project.
Marijuana is a drug manufactured from the plant cannabis and used for medical and recreational usage. Marijuana is used for its mental and physical effects, such as euphoria and changes in perception. Long-term consuming of marijuana can lead to addiction, decreased mental capabilities and psychosis. Marijuana consumption is illegal in most of the world, but is still widely used. The Bitcoin marijuana industry was one of the driving factors of the cryptocurrency popularization, because of the privacy in crypto transactions. Dark markets allows users to buy both marijuana seeds with Bitcoin and to order ready-to-use marijuana with it. But using Bitcoin for medical marijuana purchases is also available and used in countries where it is legal, and stores are starting to accept payments in crypto. The relationship between Bitcoin and the marijuana industry are a concern for authorities and one of the major reasons why there are possible cryptocurrency restrictions.
- Bitcoin Starts Strongest Quarter Q2 With Price Down Just 10% YTD
- Bitmain’s Antminer E3 to Continue Mining Ether With New Update
- Tron Launches Djed, a Platform That Looks Suspiciously Like MakerDAO
- Bitfinex DeFi Offshoot Burns $20M Tokens in Bid to Drive DEX Adoption
- Bitcoin & Stocks Rise as US Economy Grinds to a Halt — Furloughs Soar