Continuing the largest Bitcoin event series worldwide, Inside Bitcoins is returning to Hong Kong on May 14-15, 2015 with special focus on blockchain tech in Asia.
Inside Bitcoins is returning to Hong Kong for its second year with Cointelegraph as the official media sponsor. The Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Center will host the two-day event and will serve as the stage for numerous conference sessions, keynotes, and exhibits from the companies leading the blockchain revolution.
‘Bitcoin Hub’ Hong Kong
Asia represents 60% of the world’s population and 20% of the world’s economy. This means enormous potential for the Bitcoin industry in the region. China, for example, has been the primary driver of global Bitcoin activity with a recent Goldman Sach’s report stating that 80% of bitcoin trading is conducted in Chinese yuan. Additionally, the recent financial reforms announced by Beijing to support startups could foster an ideal environment for Bitcoin entrepreneurs.
Hong Kong, in particular, which recently announced that the sector will remain unregulated, is home to numerous cryptocurrency startups and exchanges, making it the perfect location to hold the event.
Inside Bitcoins Hong Kong attendees will thus have a unique opportunity to learn from leading experts and thought leaders, as well as a panel of local Bitcoin entrepreneurs on Asian cryptocurrency markets and what local entrepreneurs expect from the regulators or local associations such as the Bitcoin Association of Hong Kong.
Inside Bitcoins has revealed the preliminary agenda for Inside Bitcoins Hong Kong, which is set to cover important regional trends with potential global ramifications, such as:
- Asia and Beyond: Emerging Issues in Regulatory Compliance and Law Enforcement Efforts
- Innovation and Bitcoin: A Look at what Bitcoin could learn from the shifting financial industry in China
- Hong Kong and Asia: Local Scene, Local Issues
Session topics will cover the shifting financial landscape in China, investing in Bitcoin 2.0 and blockchain startups, current mining challenges, blockchain distributed applications, international compliance, mass adoption and what lies ahead.
Already confirmed keynote speakers include Roger Ver, Bitcoin Evangelist/Angel Investor and Founding Member/Board Advisor, Bitcoin Foundation; and Simon Dixon, CEO and Co-Founder, BankToTheFuture, who will present the opening keynote.
Additional confirmed speakers include:
- Scott Bambacigno, Vice President, AlphaPoint
- Jehan Chu, Bitcoin Investor/Evangelist & Founder, Ethereum HK Meetup Group
- Arthur Hayes, Co-Founder and CEO, BitMex (Bitcoin Mercantile Exchange)
- Juan Llanos, EVP of Strategic Partnerships & Chief Transparency Officer, Bitreserve.org
- Leonhard Weese, President, Bitcoin Association of Hong Kong
Early bird prices expire will expire soon, so reserve your pass before April 28.
Interested in attending?
Prices will increase on site, so be sure to reserve your pass in advance. To redeem a 10% discount off your Two Day Conference Pass, use the discount code COINTELEGRAPH when you register here.
Did you enjoy this article? You may also be interested in reading these ones:
- Inside Bitcoins NY Conference Reveals Keynote Speakers
- Inside Bitcoins Next Stop: Berlin
- Inside Bitcoins Paris Unveils Full Agenda, Speakers