Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Monero, TRON: Price Analysis, Nov. 14

The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Cointelegraph. Every investment and trading move involves risk, you should conduct your own research when making a decision.

Market data is provided by the HitBTC exchange.

After months of stability, cryptocurrencies are under a renewed bear attack, as total market capitalization has again dipped below $188 billion. The current sell-off comes after months of range bound trading on markets. This is a negative sign because it shows that, after a period of relative balance, sellers have gained the upper hand.

None of the cryptocurrencies were spared in the carnage as most of the top ten tokens by market capitalization are down anywhere between 9-18 percent. This shows that selling has been broad-based. Though the exact reason for the fall is unknown, CEO of BKCM Brian Kelly believes that it might have been triggered by uncertainty surrounding the Bitcoin Cash fork.

How should traders approach this new development? Is it time to do some bottom fishing or is it best to sit and wait until the decline plays out? Let’s see.

BTC/USD

Bitcoin crumbled today as the break below the trendline attracted sharp selling, plunging prices to new year-to-date lows. As prices broke below $5,900, it triggered our stop loss suggested at $5,900. Currently, the bulls are trying to push prices back above $5,900 but every small pullback is being met with a fresh wave of selling.

BTC/USD

If the bears sustain prices below $5,900, the next drop should take the BTC/USD pair to $5,450 and below that to $5,000. Contrarily, if the bulls stage a successful pullback, the digital currency might attempt to climb above the trendline once again.

At times, the first move from a consolidation is a fake out. Hence, the next couple of days are very critical for the digital currency as it will dictate the next direction. If the bears exploit the breakdown and sink prices lower, then it is best to sit out until the decline ends. However, if the bears fail to capitalize on the fall, it shows strong demand at lower levels. Therefore, we suggest traders wait for the next couple of days, as it will give us a better clue about the next direction.

ETH/USD

Though Ethereum broke below the immediate support at $188.35, it did not slide through the Sept. 12 intraday lows of $167.32. Currently, the bulls are staging a comeback, having pushed prices back above $188.35, which shows demand at lower levels.

ETH/USD

If the ETH/USD pair sustains above $188.35, it is a bullish sign as it rejects the lower levels. On the other hand, if the current pullback attempt is met with another round of selling, then traders can expect the fall to extend to the next lower supports of $136 and $110. Though we like that it has not made a new low today, it is still too early to go out and buy. Therefore, we suggest traders wait and watch from the sidelines.

XRP/USD

The rebound from the breakout levels faded and Ripple has turned down. It broke below the moving averages and the support zone, plunging to $0.40. In doing so, it triggered our stop loss suggested at $0.45.

XRP/USD

Currently, the XRP/USD pair has recovered some of its losses and is trying to climb back above the moving averages. It will pick up strength if the bulls breakout of the small downtrend line.

On the downside, the critical support to watch is $0.37198. If this level breaks, the next support is much lower at $0.24508.

BCH/USD

Bitcoin Cash had one of the worst falls among the top cryptocurrencies. Selling increased as it broke below the 61.8 percent Fibonacci retracement level of $500.3425 and the 50-day SMA. Our recommended stop loss triggered at $480. Panic dragged the BCH/USD pair down to an intraday low of $423 where some buying emerged.  

BCH/USD

Considering the uncertainty of the hard fork on Nov. 15, we advise traders to stay away from initiating any fresh positions now. Traders can wait for the dust to settle before taking any trading positions.

EOS/USD

EOS plummeted below the tight range and fell to the critical support at $4.4930. This triggered our stop loss proposed at $4.90.

EOS/USD

Currently, the bulls are trying to provide support at $4.4930. If the level holds, a pullback towards $5 is likely. However, if the support breaks, a retest of the critical support at $3.8723 is probable.

The 20-day EMA has started to turn down and the RSI has reached close to oversold territory, which shows that the bears have an upper hand. We suggest traders wait for the